Announcing our 10 shortlisted stories
Picture by Sagar Patil at Unsplash
We’re delighted to announce our Shortlist of ten stories. These are now with our guest judge, Anika Carpenter, to decide the prize winners which will be announced early in June.
Well done! But please remember to celebrate on social media without giving away which title is yours so that all stories can be judged anonymously.
Congratulations to everyone who entered our competition, especially our longlisted authors whose stories aren’t on the shortlist – we’re sorry your stories weren’t selected but we loved them all.
- A city break
- Double Fisherman’s Knot
- Everything comes in threes
- Four stupid monkeys
- Middle-aged woman in rip current
- Mr Pearl
- My procrastination (on the eve of the apocalypse)
- Pillar box grandad
- This isn’t the start of the story
- What do you do afterwards